President, Fidelity Capital MarketsBrian Conroy is president of Fidelity Capital Markets (FCM), the institutional trading arm of Fidelity Investments providing trading, products and services to a wide array of clients and Fidelity businesses. Fidelity Investments is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals, institutions and financial intermediaries.
Previously with Fidelity, Mr. Conroy served as senior vice president and head of Global Equity Trading for Fidelity Management & Research Company (FMRCo.), the investment advisor for Fidelity's family of mutual funds. In his role beginning in 2005, he led a team of traders responsible for significant daily order flow throughout the world. He also oversaw securities lending and foreign exchange (FX) for the Fidelity family of mutual funds. During his tenure with FMRCo., Conroy designed a team-based approach that better integrated the analysis and trading functions to distill and connect insights, ultimately enhancing fund performance and shareholder value. He assumed his current position with FCM in March 2011.
Prior to joining Fidelity in October 2005, Mr. Conroy was chief operating officer for Sigma Capital in New York. Prior to Sigma, he served as director of Execution Trading at SAC Capital in Stamford, Connecticut. From 2001 to 2002, Mr. Conroy was head of America's Equity Trading for ABN Amro and served as head of U.S. Listed Equity Trading for JP Morgan from 1999 to 2001. Mr. Conroy began his career in financial services in 1987 as a senior equity trader for Goldman Sachs. Previously, he was an assistant football coach for Princeton University.
Born in 1964, Mr. Conroy received bachelor of arts degree in religion from Dartmouth College in 1986.
Articles by Brian Conroy
March 06, 2013Do the benefits of increasing tick sizes outweigh the costs to market participants?
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Reduce Revenue Leakage and Gain Operational Efficiencies: The Benefits of Consolidating Billing Systems
- The Integrated Advisor Desktop - Leveraging Digital Channels to Enhance the Advisor-Client Relationship
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Strategy: Application Monitoring For Security Professionals
- SaaS Collaboration & Project Management Buyer's Guide
- High performance total protection Fortinet security solutions for the financial services sector
- Data Loss Prevention White Paper
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Big Data in Trading and Risk Management
- The Benefits of Loan Document Imaging and Digital Loan Portfolio Management