30-Year Industry VeteranBrooke Allen is a 30-year industry veteran who most recently founded a quantitative trading desk now celebrating its 17th year in continuous operation. For years he wrote a monthly piece for International Family Magazine, in 2009 he founded NoShortageOfWork.com to discuss work life, and in 2011 he created Questions For Colleges (Q4Colleges.com) to discuss issues facing higher education. Now he is beginning a series for us here on his beloved Securities Industry. Before you decide to trust him or collaborate with him, look at BrookeAllen.com where you will find his Personal Disclosure Statement.
Articles by Brooke Allen
April 16, 2013Banks have long been creating products that are so complex that clients, risk managers and even some of the firm's own salespeople can't understand what is actually in them.
April 01, 2013The problems of our industry boil down to spectacularly bad parenting.
March 18, 2013So you think our modern market has fewer opportunities for gaming? Think again. A brief history of how someone can beat you in the market.
March 11, 2013We should be honest about our true objectives.
March 04, 2013Social scientists have invented a test to determine how much you care about fairness. Read about it and then take the test.
February 22, 2013Do you think "Ethics" should be more ingrained in every part of the business, rather than just an afterthought, or separate HR course? And should it have its own category on this site, rather than bury it?
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- Stress Testing: The New Frontier for Risk and Finance
- DDoS Protection or Site Performance: A rock and a hard place?
- Raising the Bar for Online Customer Experience Management: Good for Customers, Great for Profits
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Identifying and Remediating Security Vulnerabilities in the Cloud
- IT Pro Impact: Future of the Mainframe
- CSI's 2013 Annual Banking Priorities Study
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Advantages of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform for Electronic Trading
- A Strategy for Governing IT Projects, Programs, and Portfolios Throughout the Enterprise
- The Best-of-Class Financial Systems Strategy: An Alternative to ERP Platforms