Chairman and Founder, FIX FlyerGeorge Kledaras is the founder and Chairman of FIX Flyer, a financial technology company in New York City. He is also the author of numerous articles about the FIX protocol and electronic trading standards, and a frequent speaker on the major technology issues of our time.
Kledaras started FIX Flyer in 2006 to re-invent electronic trading infrastructure brought on by the growth of algorithms. Now more than ever, he says, "the securities industry needs sophisticated tools for managing diverse, networked communities, providing end investors with more transparency and efficiency. FIX Flyer has offices in New York, Boston and Hyderabad, India with over 170 clients globally and counts some of the world's greatest financial and technology institutions as partners. FIX Flyer has been a strong supporter of the FIX Protocol Ltd. organization and a member since inception.
He is well known throughout the technology world as the founder, in 1996, of Javelin Technologies Inc. At Javelin, he was recognized as the leader in electronic trading software, especially through his initiative in creating the first high-speed messaging FIX engine built entirely in Java called Coppelia. Javelin was the winner of the 2001 Deloitte & Touche Shooting Star award for New York's fastest-growing technology company. He is also widely credited for introducing Java to Wall Street for serious trading applications.
Then in 2000, he helped to ignite the world of high-speed global trading with Appia. Javelin was sold in 2002 to NYFIX is now owned by NYSE Technologies.
Kledaras received a BS degree in Electrical Engineering from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA, and an MS degree in Mathematics from the Courant Institute at New York University. He helped Lehigh start their innovative Masters Degree in Analytical Finance program. He served the Board of Trustees and also as Chairman of the PC Rossin College of Engineering Advisory Council, both at Lehigh University.
Kledaras is frequent lecturer on electronic trading, messaging, market structure, low latency trading technology and entrepreneurship. He has lectures globally and recently participated at major industry conferences in Mexico City, Bogota, Bombay, Singapore, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Istanbul and other major financial centers.
With his home and office in New York City, Kledaras says he lives and works in "the two greatest cities of the world -- the East Side of New York and the West Side of New York."
Articles by George Kledaras
February 26, 2013Market structure in Mexico leads the way for Latin American electronic trading with some serious new infrastructure and support for local institutional trading and north to south flow from statistical arbitrage.
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Reduce Revenue Leakage and Gain Operational Efficiencies: The Benefits of Consolidating Billing Systems
- The Integrated Advisor Desktop - Leveraging Digital Channels to Enhance the Advisor-Client Relationship
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Strategy: Application Monitoring For Security Professionals
- SaaS Collaboration & Project Management Buyer's Guide
- High performance total protection Fortinet security solutions for the financial services sector
- Data Loss Prevention White Paper
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Big Data in Trading and Risk Management
- The Benefits of Loan Document Imaging and Digital Loan Portfolio Management