Editorial DirectorGreg MacSweeney is editorial director of InformationWeek Financial Services, whose brands include Wall Street & Technology, Bank Systems & Technology, Advanced Trading, and Insurance & Technology.
Articles by Greg MacSweeney
June 17, 2013If no one is investing in their employees or providing training, where will the next wave of talent come from?
March 18, 2013Whether high-frequency trading is good for investors or bad, one fact that no one disputes is the drastic drop in HFT profits.
February 28, 2013Unless you're consistently more lucky than good, using newer data analytics tools seems like your best bet at finding new alpha.
February 20, 2013Thomson Reuters integrates Thomson Reuters GFMS analysis to provide Eikon customers with access to research and forecast analytics for the precious and industrial metals markets
February 15, 2013A new community focused on the the needs of traders will allow members to interact and share ideas on some of the most important issues facing the industry.
February 11, 2013The buy side is always looking for more transparency from their brokers, but gaining a view into the trading process requires an investment in technology and data experts.
November 15, 2012Despite disaster recovery and business continuity plans that were implemented after Sept. 11 and then enhanced following the Northeast blackout in 2003, Hurricane Sandy has upped the DR/BC bar once again.
August 24, 2012In establishing centers of excellence for IT disciplines, EVP and CTO Scott Murray is helping Northern Trust's technology organization improve quality while the bank continues to grow.
August 21, 2012Only 2 percent of capital markets industry professionals indicate their market structure confidence is very high, according to survey results from TABB Group.
June 06, 2012The top quotes from Tabb Group's MarketTech 2012.
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- Increasing Transparency & Reducing Risk in a Rapidly Evolving World of OTC Derivatives
- Capacity Management Evolved: How to Optimize VM Placement to Mitigate Risk, Right-Size Infrastructure and Cut Software Costs in Half
- DDoS Protection or Site Performance: A rock and a hard place?
- Bank of America's Journey to the Cloud: Lessons learned to ensure your Private Cloud is efficient, low risk, and meets business needs.
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Research: Salaries for Higher Ed Get Low Marks
- Is Hosted VoIP Right for You? 6 Must-Ask Questions
- CSI's 2013 Annual Banking Priorities Study
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Advantages of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform for Electronic Trading
- A Strategy for Governing IT Projects, Programs, and Portfolios Throughout the Enterprise
- The Best-of-Class Financial Systems Strategy: An Alternative to ERP Platforms