Partner and co-head of equity trading, Themis TradingJoseph Saluzzi is partner, co-founder and co-head of equity trading of Themis Trading LLC, a leading independent agency brokerage firm that trades equities for institutional money managers and hedge funds. He is also the co-author of Broken Markets -- How High Frequency Trading and Predatory Practices on Wall Street are Destroying Investor Confidence.
Mr. Saluzzi is a frequent speaker at industry conferences on issues involving market access, algorithmic trading and other sell- and buy-side concerns. He has provided expert commentary for media outlets such as CBS's 60 Minutes, BBC Radio, Bloomberg Television & Radio, CNBC, Fox Business, BNN, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Reuters, Associated Press, Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg News. Mr. Saluzzi also has authored articles for Traders Magazine, Dow Jones and Journal of Investment Compliance.
Prior to Themis, Mr. Saluzzi headed the team responsible for equity sales and trading for major institutional accounts at Instinet Corporation for more than nine years. He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with an MBA in Finance and received a Bachelor's Degree in Finance from New York University.
Articles by Joe Saluzzi
May 21, 2013In response to shares of Anadarko Petroleum trading as low as a penny last week, Themis Trading raises questions to Anadarko about the stock's rapid descent in the context of the current market structure.
May 13, 2013While it’s been a long time coming, we are glad to finally see that the SEC has decided to get more involved in exchange regulation.
March 21, 2013The study by Charles Jones cite the usual benefits of HFT: enhanced liquidity and more efficient markets. But what about the conflicts of interest and order types designed specifically for the benefit of high frequency players?
February 25, 2013Although the SEC's plans to monitor market activity through MIDAS are important, is the commission still over matched against the HFT community?
February 19, 2013Due to the pendulum shift to almost full automation and the massive fragmentation of the stock market over the past decade, our equity market currently lacks a self-policing mechanism.
January 25, 2013Themis Trading's letter to Mary Jo White asks the SEC Chairman nominee to consider regulating dark pools, changing the SRO rule-making process and banning payment for order flow at all levels.
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- A Bank Systems & Technology Live Webcast: Adjacent Innovations In Digital Banking: How Moving Beyond Mobile RDC Can Drive Business Value
- Delivering on Real-time and Cross-Channel Fraud Detection: Effectively Responding to Increasing Velocity and Channels
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Research: 4G: Carriers, IT Pros Square Off
- Best Practices: A Guide to Practical Database Monitoring
- High performance total protection Fortinet security solutions for the financial services sector
- Data Loss Prevention White Paper
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Advantages of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform for Electronic Trading
- The Best-of-Class Strategy Makes a Return in the Cloud Era