Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Progress SoftwareJohn Bates is an Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at Progress Software. In this role Bates is responsible for leading the team that creates and evolves the Progress vision and strategy, leads market research and due diligence for acquisitions to support the strategy, and evangelizes the Progress strategy and solutions to customers, partners and other constituencies. With an extensive background in the Capital Markets industry, Dr. Bates has pioneered new techniques in algorithmic and high frequency trading, real-time risk and market surveillance.
Articles by John Bates
March 28, 2013Self-learning techniques, such as machine learning or artificial intelligence, offer a potential route for smart algos to identify new trading patterns and can also be used to discover new patterns of market abuse.
March 21, 2013In January 2013, Congressman Edward J Markey declared that HFT represents a clear and present danger and should be curtailed immediately. Is he right?
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Reduce Revenue Leakage and Gain Operational Efficiencies: The Benefits of Consolidating Billing Systems
- The Integrated Advisor Desktop - Leveraging Digital Channels to Enhance the Advisor-Client Relationship
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Strategy: Application Monitoring For Security Professionals
- SaaS Collaboration & Project Management Buyer's Guide
- High performance total protection Fortinet security solutions for the financial services sector
- Data Loss Prevention White Paper
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Big Data in Trading and Risk Management
- The Benefits of Loan Document Imaging and Digital Loan Portfolio Management