Principal at Woodbine Associates, Inc. Matt Samelson is a Principal at Woodbine Associates, Inc. focusing on strategic, business, regulatory, market structure and technology issues that impact firms active in and supporting the global equity markets. He brings to the firm a wealth of experience in U.S. and international equity sales and trading, quantitative analysis, consulting, and research.
Mr. Samelson has interacted extensively with the media. He has appeared on CNBC and been quoted in a range of major publications including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Times, Forbes, Business Week and CNBC Market Watch. He has also been quoted in various trade publications, including Institutional Investor, Trader Magazine, Advanced Trading, Wall Street & Technology, Wall Street Letter, Trading Technology Week, and Securities Industry News.
Articles by Matt Samelson
March 27, 2013Despite spin to the contrary, detailed information is available on dark pools. Sources matter.
March 22, 2013High-frequency trading has blown through the business life cycle stages in five short years and is already on the decline.
March 04, 2013Data volumes are growing and the technology is better, but the fundamental principles of data analysis remain the same.
February 27, 2013While swap futures in the past have not gained traction, the market environment today is ripe, as there is impetus for firms to adopt risk-equivalent, low-cost alternatives to cleared swaps.
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- Stress Testing: The New Frontier for Risk and Finance
- DDoS Protection or Site Performance: A rock and a hard place?
- Raising the Bar for Online Customer Experience Management: Good for Customers, Great for Profits
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Identifying and Remediating Security Vulnerabilities in the Cloud
- IT Pro Impact: Future of the Mainframe
- CSI's 2013 Annual Banking Priorities Study
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Advantages of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform for Electronic Trading
- A Strategy for Governing IT Projects, Programs, and Portfolios Throughout the Enterprise
- The Best-of-Class Financial Systems Strategy: An Alternative to ERP Platforms