Linux System Administrator
Cognitive Capital, LLC | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 5, 2012
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
• Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration.
• Understands a UNIX-based operating system.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, shell).
• Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of C programs.
• Familiarity with Windows Server, including Active Directory.
• A minimum of three years of system administration experience; Redhat Linux preferred.
• A degree in computer science or related field.
• Programming background in any applicable language.
• Familiarity network based storage solutions.
• Experience with the following applications, or tools: Symantec BackupExec, EMC Celerra NX4, Kickstart, CFEngine, OpenNMS.
• Knowledge of Financial Markets.
Cognitive Capital, LLC seeks a systems administrator to help develop its state-of-the-art, real-time automated trading system. In addition to possessing excellent analytical and technical skills, the successful candidate will be a creative problem solver, a clear communicator, and a strong team player.
ABOUT COGNITIVE CAPITAL
Cognitive Capital, LLC is a proprietary trading firm based in Chicago that adds value to capital markets by providing liquidity through its automated trading technology. Cognitive Capital fosters an ethical, data-driven, and collaborative culture that focuses on building robust, scalable systems.
• Helps design, and implement complex local and wide-area networks of machines.
• Provides technical assistance, and coverage to a small, complex site & wide area network.
• Works under general direction from development, and IT team members.
• Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.