Storage Engineer (SDB091305)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
* Day-to-day operational management of SAN, NAS, and backup systems such as SAN zoning, LUN masking, and tape rotation.
* Storage and backup project planning and execution.
* Performance planning, analysis, and troubleshooting.
* Overall Storage architecture owner responsible for helping align the storage environment to the business requirements.
* Function as a subject matter expert.
* Experience with financial industry applications and environments preferred.
* Experience with EMC CLARiiON arrays with Fast VP and auto-tiered pools, EMC Celerra NAS storage clusters, Brocade or Cisco MDS SAN switches, and NetBackup.
* Experience with Avamar, BackupExec, NetApp, Hitachi, and HP MSA storage devices a plus.
* Strong Linux, Windows or MS SQL, Virtualization experience including VMware vSphere or ESX server and/or SAN experience a plus.
EMC Clariion Arrays with Fast VP & Auto-Tiered Pools, EMC Celerra NAS Storage Clusters, SAN, Lun Masking, Brocade or Cisco Switches, NetBackup
Outstanding opportunity with a proprietary market making firm recognized internationally as a leading provider of pricing and liquidity on all U.S. derivatives exchanges.
The Storage Engineer will be responsible for day-to-day operational support, management, and maintenance of all SAN, NAS, and backups. You will work closely with members of Server, Database, and Virtualization teams as well as Datacenter and Network operations, Development, and Trading Applications Support personnel in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
This position is located in Chicago but you will also be responsible for systems in the New York and London data centers.