Perl Developer (SDB091807)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
* Experience working on a software development team of 3 individuals or more, where role included requirements gathering, design, code review and business user communication.
* Experience developing ETL.
* 2+ years of experience with Perl required.
* 2+ years experience using UNIX (Linux, Solaris, or AIX with Linux being preferred).
* Experience working with RDBMS (Sybase preferred).
* Optionally, experience with Apache Mod_Perl, OO Perl.
* The position involves more than writing scripts in Perl; it also involves more complex concepts for Perl, such as writing a server in Perl.
Though not required, would prefer a candidate familiar with capital markets with hands on knowledge in one or more Middle/Back-Office functions (e.g. Reconciliations, Clearing, Derivatives Confirmations).
Perl, ETL, Linux, Sybase, Mod_Perl, OO Perl
Augment and support a Perl based software platform that does the following:
* Procure and load data in numerous formats from disparate data sources on a regular basis.
* Load data into database, normalizing data into common structure as needed.
* Match data sources by key fields or heuristic matches using multiple near matching criteria.
* Systematically deliver data to downstream systems as well as present matched off results to end users via web based reports generated in Perl and vended via a Mod_Perl based website.
* Basically, the role is to go out to other financial institutions, gather data and then convert it and normalize it in a way that it can be used and uploaded into the reconciliation system (both 3rd party and proprietary applications).
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php