Network & Systems Technician (SDB100106)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
* Proficient in installing and supporting current versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, all Microsoft end user applications and be familiar with other common business and productivity software.
* Experience with Linux/UNIX (Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu, HPUX/AIX).
* Experience creating and maintaining active directory accounts.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Knowledge of network TCP/IP protocol (understand the difference between TCP and UDP).
* Familiar with Multicast.
* 1 to 3 years of experience in network or system administration.
* Active or near completion of MCSE, CCNA, or similar IT certification a plus.
* Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot technical computer and network problems with own knowledge and through documentation; know when to escalate to next level support.
* Programming experience in VB, VBA, .Net, C# and/or Access huge plus.
* Basic TCP/IP and multicast knowledge.
Windows 2008, Active Directory, Linux, TCP/IP, Multicast
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with a technical team in a highly demanding environment. The candidate will be someone who can troubleshoot technology-related problems that might include hardware and software issues, equipment failure and TCP/IP connectivity. Duties may include installation of new software, deployment of new hardware, training of users, troubleshooting hardware/software, troubleshooting networking equipment, wiring, maintaining procedure documents and inventory/asset management. The candidate must have outstanding communication and prioritization skills and be able to effectively take direction.
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php