Senior Software Engineer (SDB100108)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
* Solid understanding of OOA, Design fundamentals and Software Development Life Cycle steps.
* 7+ years experience in C++ in a UNIX/Linux environment, multi-threaded and real time programming with trading applications.
* Experience working with FIX, Tibco, and/or other high performance messaging systems, real-time or near-real-time high volume messaging systems, buy-side, sell-side, or market-making trading systems.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid skills in Perl, Python, SQL, and other scripting languages. Sybase experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of financial products and trading platforms is a plus.
* Low Level Linux Kernel/driver experience or Open Source projects.
* Written or published open source code on Linux.
* Linux Kernel Development.
* Low latency and large scalability experience.
* Software messaging and infrastructure development.
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php
C++, Linux, Perl, Python, SQL, Messaging Applications & Infrastructure
Duties & Responsibilities:
You are expected to provide technical expertise to support, enhance, and refresh the routing and connectivity infrastructure across the various trading businesses. The role will utilize C++/Object-Oriented analysis, design, and programming to develop robust, flexible software solutions. Focus will be on reusable ultra-high performance messaging applications and infrastructure.
* Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing infrastructure components pertaining to routing, high performance communication and connectivity (internal & external).
* Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality and stability of the system.