Software Engineer (SDB110104)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
Successful trading firm is looking to add Software Engineers to research, design, and develop computer software for trading teams. Responsibilities include designing and implementing new product features, producing design documents and materials, developing test scenarios, analyzing designs and coding for errors and efficiency. The ideal candidate is able to perform independently as well as on a team, show critical thinking and be collaborative in their approach to problem solving. This position will require excellent communication skills as developers interact with immediate team members and traders.
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php
C++, Linux, C#, .Net and/or Java on Linux/Windows, Multi-Threaded, Real-Time
* 2+ years experience in software development.
* Strong core proficiency in C++ and Linux.
* Good experience with C# and the .NET framework.
* Proficiency with Java.
* The ability to transition between programming languages on a need-basis and demonstrate excellence throughout.
* Experience developing multithreaded and real time applications.
* Excellent communication skills and a work ethic that thrives both independently and within a team.
* Familiarity with the financial services industry.
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Strong GPA (3.5 or higher).