Senior Network Engineer (SDB110105)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
JOB DESCRIPTIONIdeal Candidate:
The candidate will be someone who can troubleshoot technology related problems that might include multicast routing, datacenter design, troubleshooting intermittent packet loss, latency issues, trading system connectivity and equipment failure.
* Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures.
* Work closely with all IT functional areas to design and implement operational requirements for new and existing IT systems.
* Troubleshoot intricate network and systems issues down to the bit level and up to the application layer.
* Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
* Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
* Remote data center design support and management.
* Assist in hardware/software purchases.
* Ability to follow and enhance existing IT policies and procedures.
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php
Multicast Networks, TCP/IP, Dynamic Routing Protocols, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Snort, TCPDump, Bash, Perl, Infiniband, Trading Systems
* Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP suite.
* Extensive experience with multicast networks including design and troubleshooting (PIM, SM, DM, Anycast).
* Detailed knowledge of the OSI layers 1-4 and associated equipment.
* Experience with advanced network concepts and technologies such as QoS, CoS, IDS/IPS, VoIP, flow control, PFC, store-and-forward switching and cut-through switching.
* Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
* Experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netmon, etc.).
* Experience performance tuning networking infrastructures.
* B.S. C.S./MIS degree.
* 5+ years experience in network administration/engineering.
* Active or near completion of CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar IT certification a plus.