C# Software Desktop Developer, Global Rates (SDB110106)
Parallel Partners | Chicago, Illinois | Posted: November 14, 2012
You must demonstrate the ability to analyze complex business and technical problems and make sound technical decisions proactively and in a self-directed manner. The role will utilize C#/.Net, object-oriented analysis, design, and programming to develop robust, flexible software solutions. Focus will be on developing reusable high performance trading clients.
* Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing trading applications.
* Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
* Responsible for guiding and implementing team, firm, and industry architectural standards.
* Facilitate communication and collaboration with trading desk, level 1 support, and peer technology teams.
Please check out all of our jobs at http://www.parallelpartners.com/job.php
C#, .Net Framework 4.0, OO, Strong GUI, Windows API & UI Subsystems, Multi-threaded, Real-Time Desktop Applications, SQL, Perl
* Solid understanding of OOA and OOD fundamentals.
* Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle including agile principles, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
* 3+ years experience in C#/.Net. Especially. NET Framework 4.0.
* 3+ years experience in multi-threaded and desktop trading applications.
* Strong GUI experience
* 2+ years experience in Capital Markets and knowledge of financial products (Fixed Income, Derivatives, Equities, etc.).
* Solid understanding of the Windows API and UI subsystems.
* Experience with real-time or near-real-time high volume trading systems.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of SQL, Perl or other scripting languages. Sybase experience is a plus.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.