Java/KDB - RAD Developer
Futures Group | New York CIty, NY Metro | Posted: February 28, 2013
JOB DESCRIPTIONHigh Profile Investment Bank is seeking a Java /Kdb+ Engineer to join their RAD team which provide analytics and tools for their Cash Equity business globally. This is a critical role that will have a significant impact on various lines of business within the investment bank.
Candidates will work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment, prototyping hi-quality tools and services that can be ultimately extended and leveraged in the long term within this strategic analytics framework. Experience with Equities is mandatory.
Candidates must have hands-on Core Java and Q/Kdb+, experience as well as exposure to .NET technologies (C#/WPF).
This is a Front Office role, working directly with business stakeholders in New York, London and Asia.
Additional InfoRequired Skills:
• RAD development experience within an fast paced, Equities environment
• Extensive hands on development experience using Java, Q/Kdb+, .NET within Linux environments
• In-memory databases
• Advanced multi threading/synchronization and distributed computing
• Experience with debugging tools/analyzing complex distributed systems
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, etc