Topics: mortgage-backed securities
- New York Sues Credit Suisse Over Mortgage SecuritiesNovember 21, 2012New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman brought a lawsuit on Tuesday accusing Credit Suisse Group AG of deceiving investors in mortgage-backed securities.
- Mortgage-Backed Securities Once Again A Good Bet for Hedge Funds, Asset ManagersOctober 12, 2012With the U.S. housing market appearing to have turned the corner, along with the Fed planning to buy mortgage bonds every month, the outlook for mortgage-backed securities appears bright.
- Wells Fargo May Face Fair Lending ClaimsMay 08, 2012The U.S. Department of Justice believes it has grounds to bring claims against Wells Fargo & Co for monetary damages and civil penalties under fair lending laws, the bank said in a securities filing.
- Finra Hits Deutsche Bank With $7.5 Million Fine Over Subprime ReportingJuly 21, 2010The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority said it fined Deutsche Bank with a $7.5 million fine for misrepresenting the percentage of delinquent mortgages in the prospectus of six subprime residential mortgage-backed securities issued in 2006.
- KBW Beefs Up MBS Team March 11, 2009